Interested in the role of Morbid Anatomy Museum cafe manager (on which full details below)? If so, please send resumes to colin [at] morbidanatomymuseum.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
The Morbid Anatomy Museum, a brand-new museum in the Gowanus area of Brooklyn opening in May 2014, is seeking a manager to oversee, staff, and run our café, which will be serving primarily espresso and pastries (with the hope of acquiring a full service liquor license sometime in the near future).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Manages the café team (including: hiring, firing, performance management, and recognition duties)
- Trains new employees and provides ongoing training as necessary for café staff
- Coordinates the café schedule, covering different shifts if necessary
- Coordinate between the café and its staff and the rest of the museum, including the gift shop, public lectures and events, private parties, and other museum events
- Establishes, monitors and analyzes the café budget
- Develops and implements café policies and procedures
- Manages vendors and maintains inventory
- Orders any supplies needed for the café
- Other duties as needed
- Experience in food and beverage service
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- An understanding of food and beverage operations
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications (must be obtained within 60 days of hire)
Image: Possibly Café de l’Enfer (Café of Hell); sourced here.