Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Aria Antiques, San Francisco




When I was last in San Francisco, I stumbled upon a rather intriguing looking store called "Aria" tucked among the Italian bakeries and laundromats of North Beach. Sadly, the shop was closed until the day I flew out and I was unable to ever go inside, but I did manage to get some photos of the contents through the shop window. It definitely looks worth a visit--anatomical models, old science posters, taxidermy, decaying housewares...

Aria does not appear to have a website of its own, but here is a writeup from City Search. To see more photos, see this Flickr collection.

1 comment:

bioephemera said...

Ooh! I'm headed out to SF in a couple of weeks - I'm going to try to go. I'll probably have no more luck than you have, but I'll see what I can do.