I have just been alerted to a pretty amazing sounding day of presentations, readings, films and discussions taking place at Viktor Wynd Fine Art today to launch an exhibition work by Tessa Farmer. Full details below; wish I could be there!
Good Neighbours: Faeries, Folklore and the Art of Tessa FarmerYou can find out more by clicking here.
A day of presentations, readings, films and discussion
Saturday 1 October 2011, 11am til 7pm
Viktor Wynd Fine Art, 11 Mare St, London E8
* 11am Introduction - Tessa Farmer, Viktor Wynd and Mark Pilkington
* 11.30 Jeremy Harte – Faeries and Otherness
* 12.30 Gwilym Games – “The Obscure and Horrible Race of the Hills”, Arthur Machen’s faeries
* 1.30pm lunch
* 2.30 Wynd reads a faery tale to aid digestion
* 2.45pm Petra Lange Berndt – Swarming: Insects in art
* 3.45pm Diane Perkiss – The Changing Face of Faery
4.45 pm Quick tea break
*5pm Screening of Tessa Farmer and Sean Daniels’ three short films
* 5.15pm Catriona Mcara in discussion with Tessa Farmer and Mark Pilkington
* 6pm Carol Mavor faery tale reading
* 6.30 pm Closing discussion and questions
Tickets are £25, though early bird tickets, and those bought from the gallery are only £15. You can book tickets here.