New in The Morbid Anatomy Online Gift Shop: We are delighted to be offering a special limited, edition signed sugar skull screen print (seen above) by former Artist and Anatomist in Residence Emily Evans! To commemorate Day of the Dead, she is offering free delivery until November 3rd! To find out more--and order a copy of your own!--click here.
In the News: National Geographic just posted a thoughtful and intelligent video about our popular anthropomorphic mouse taxidermy class and its teacher, Taxidermist in Residence Divya Anantharaman; you can check that out here. The Museum also got a shout out in the Ted blog as one of ten surprising and strange New York attractions; more on that here.
In addition, The New York Times just published another nice piece about death and mourning in New York exhibitions which featured The Morbid Anatomy Museum, which you can read here. And, fans of romantic ballet might enjoy this brief article on the uncanny allure of the artform by our museum's director in this month's Royal Academy of Dance's Dance Gazette.
We at Morbid Anatomy are committed to making all of our events affordable, but to do this, we need you support. If you are a fan of what we do, please consider becoming a member (with all the benefits that entails!) by clicking here, or making a donation by clicking here. To sign up for our mailer and get these alerts sent weekly directly to your inbox, click here.
- Halloween: The Curious Story of America’s Most Horrible HolidayTONIGHT Sunday, October 26th, 8pm, $8, Tickets (and more info) here
- Spirits and Ghosts I Have Known and Loved: An Illustrated Presentation with Dr. Stanley Krippner
Tuesday, October 28th, 8pm, $12, Tickets (and more info) here
- Death and the Idea of Mexico: An Illustrated Lecture by Claudio Lomnitz
Wednesday, October 29, 8pm, $8, Tickets (and more info) here
- Monsters on the Brain: A Natural History of Horror: Illustrated lecture with Professor Stephen T. Asma
Thursday, October 30, 8pm, $8, Tickets (and more info) here
- Anthropomorphic Mouse (One or Two Headed!) Taxidermy Class with Divya Anantharaman
Saturday November 1st, 12pm - 5pm, $110 - $125, sold out (but more info) here
- Bat Skeleton in a Dome Workshop with Wilder Duncan
Sunday, November 2nd, 1pm - 6pm, $200, Tickets (and more info) here
- Christmas Special Anthropomorphic Mouse Taxidermy Class with Divya Anantharaman
Saturday December 13th, 12pm - 5pm, $110 - $125, Tickets (and more info) here
- The French Pantheon and its Dead: The Grateful Fatherland. An Illustrated talk by Mitch Abidor
Wednesday December 17th, 8pm, $8, Tickets (and more info) here